Saturday, August 23, 2008

Egg-streams!

You can always tell when the chooks go back on the lay, because I become obsessed with eggs! Lately I've had a pullet lay her first egg, plus 3 eggs in one day! That's a new record.




Someone laid their first egg out of 3 Pekin pullets! The two older girls have been working overtime.




I was surprised to find 3 eggs in the one afternoon collection! Needless to say, we're starting to run out of room in the fridge.



Size comparison. I haven't opened it up yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the little egg didn't have a yolk!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Chris that egg-tastic, that your girls are laying. Ours have started laying 3 everyday since the weather has started to warm up. The kids call the little eggs, there special eggs... Was there a yolk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The warm weather is most welcome at our house too.

    I didn't check to see if it had a yolk or not because it was hard to open. I could have smashed it with a rock, but didn't fancy getting egg in my eye. ;) Not there was much to it!

    It's great teaching the kids were eggs come from, and like your children, our daugther thinks eggs are pretty special too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.