Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Herb barrow



I had fun in my garden the other day. I tried to grow pumpkins and tomatoes in this wheelbarrow last season, but nothing did well. I dug it up recently to find beetle larvae eating the roots. Well they all came out and I gave the chooks a feast.




There was beautiful soil which I planted (front: left to right) Coriander, onion chives and parsley. In the middle, back, is mint and on either side are a few dwarf white agapanthus for something different.

They appear to be doing well at this stage, and I must say the beetle larvae feast had an effect all of it's own. But that's for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.