Sunday, September 6, 2009

Father's Day 2009 style

Today is Father's Day, and look what we made for Dave...




A chocolate mud cake, decorated with party lollies. It wasn't meant to be pretty, just fun to do and yummy to eat! We're waiting for him to get home from work (very soon) so we can taste it.

What can I say about Dave as a Dad? Well, to be honest, after 5 years of trying to conceive in the first place, I didn't think he was ever going to become one, LOL. But once we got those magic double lines on the pregnancy test, there was no stopping him!

Ready or not, here she comes...when our daughter was born, I remember after a few pushes, Dave suddenly yelled, "I can see her eyes, she's looking at me!" Then 2 seconds later, "...Hi, I'm your Dad!" He was so excited. He was also the first to hold her. Dave was so proud and full of smiles - he even wanted to do the night feeds, with the aide of a bottle. How you saved my sanity...

This photo was taken in the nursery when she was a few weeks old, it could've been after a feed or he just wanted a daddy hug. There can be nothing more precious in this world, as a father's love for his little girl.

.


You are a great Dad, Dave, and we honestly couldn't have done it without you. Big kiss and hug from all of us - yes, even the chickens!!! I asked...they said it would be okay, just because it's Father's Day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw Chris, you've brought a tear to my eye! It is such a special time, when men become dads.
    Your cake is hilarious! I hope you all enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and we did enjoy it!! Very seriously yummy. :)

    I wholeheartedly agree, it is a special time when men become dads. Overwhelming I'm sure too, but on the whole, a wonderful labour of love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.