Saturday, January 2, 2010

Striated pardalote



I'm bringing back an old post of mine, regarding a burrowing bird we had visit our fly-screen one day. A reader (Hi Sue) asked recently if I ever found out the name of this interesting little bird. Ironically, I was given the answer by email a long time ago, but promptly failed to update the entry.

Naughty I know, but all is fixed now. Many thanks to the person who did provide me with the answer all that time ago.

As way of helping Sue with her research, I thought I'd link to some interesting facts about the Striated Pardalote (Pardalotus striatus, in Latin). It has a beautiful call and it's nesting habits have interrupted many a retaining wall project here. But as this gorgeous native bird is an insect eater, it's always welcome in our veggie garden.

This is what Wikipedia had to say. And follow what Birds in Backyards bird finder had to say.

Thanks for your patience Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.